If you have to sit often, try to do it correctly. Some of the ways to sit in a right way include:
The right ways to sit
- ● Not leaning forward
- ● Shoulders relaxed
- ● Arms close to sides
- ● Elbows bent 90°
- ● Lower back may be supported
- ● Feet flat on the floor
Some other ways to get rid of prolonged sitting back pain and leg pain from sitting in office chair :
- ● Sitting on something wobbly: Sit on an exercise ball or even a backless stool to force your core muscles to work. Sit up straight and keep your feet flat on the floor.
- ● Stretching the hip: Stretch the hip flexors for three minutes per side once a day.
- ● Sitting and standing alterations: stand up every half hour or so and walk at your workplace.
Trying yoga poses helps in improving extension and flexion in your back.
Why we should sit less
To reduce health risks, we are advised to reduce sitting time and exercise regularly.
However, it seems clear that sitting less and moving more contribute to better health. You might start by finding ways to walk while you work or simply standing rather than sitting when you have a chance. For example:
- ● Stand while watching television or talking on the phone.
- ● Take a break every 30 minutes from sitting.
- ● Try a standing desk if you work at a desk.
Tips to save your life from the dangers of sitting too long at home:
- ● Put items away on small trips rather than taking it all together.
- ● Set the timer on your television to turn off an hour earlier than usual to remind you to get up and move.
- ● Walk around when you are on the phone.
- ● Stand while you read, listen to recorded books, clean, or work in the garden.
Tips to save the life from sitting too long at the office:
- ● Stand up while you read emails or reports.
- ● Use the stairs instead of the lift.
- ● Put your dustbin away from your desk so you have to get up to throw anything away.
- ● Use the speakerphone and walk around the room during the calls.