The term “medical tourism” referred to the tour taken by patients from third-world countries to developed countries to receive medical treatments that were not available in their country. However, the tables have turned today. Today, we are experiencing qualitative, as well as quantitative shifts in terms of patient mobility as more and more people, travel from developed countries to less-developed countries to access healthcare services. Thanks to the availability of inexpensive flights, relatively low-cost treatments, and extensive online information about the availability of quality medical services.
If you are wondering as to what the word “tourism” has to do in this medical tourism concept, it is because these people (medical tourists) stay for a few days in the foreign land after the medical treatment procedure. Hence, they can take advantage of this visit by taking day trips, going sightseeing, exploring new destinations, and participating in some sort of traditional tourism activities, thereby making their travel more complete and meaningful.
Medical Tourism in India
It’s true that India is one of the most preferred destinations for medical tourism. India possesses a thriving medical tourism industry that provides superior healthcare with its cutting-edge technology. Patients can save anywhere between 60% and 90% of the treatment cost compared to the United States. With efficiently organized hospitals and streamlined processes, zero waiting time, and seasoned medical practitioners, the medical tourism industry of India is witnessing a quantum jump.
In fact, India has more than 500+ accredited healthcare service providers. India largely attracts patients from the US, Europe, Canada, and the Middle East.
Request an Appointment at Smiles
What makes India an ideal medical tourism destination?
Are there any Specific Reason for Medical Tourism?
- ● Not satisfied with medical treatment at their place.
- ● No access to quality healthcare at affordable cost nearby.
- ● Insufficient insurance and earnings to afford local healthcare.
- ● Exponential rise of superior-quality medical care in less-developed countries.
- ● Inexpensive international flights.
- ● No wait-list.
- ● Low cost access to latest technology and expertise.
- ● Desire to obtain medical services away from their common environment (for some reason).
Why Choose SMILES for Medical Tourism?
- ● 24×7 support and guidance
- ● Customized treatment packages
- ● Doctor appointments
- ● Hassle-free in-patient admissions
- ● Arranging post treatment follow-ups
- ● Remote consultations
- ● Accurate money exchange
- ● Payment options and assistance
- ● Clean and safe accommodation based on the patient’s budget
- ● Provision for local SIM cards
- ● Assistance to receive medical VISA letter
- ● Guidance for transportation within the country
- ● Well-qualified and experienced interpreters
- ● Appeasing Tourist Packages
- ● Travel assistance
- ● Airport pickup and drop
- ● Local guide
- ● Assistance in local tourism
- ● Food and diet guide
- ● Religious assistance
- ● Dedicated prayer places for all religions
- ● Medical visa assistance
The Cost Factor
Simple and Streamlined VISA processes
Sophisticated Technology and Infrastructure
Communication Made Easy
Enjoy Local Tours
Comprehensive Range of Medical Services
Well, official records show that the medical tourism industry of India is growing at an unbelievable pace. It’s projected to have nearly 20% of the entire medical tourism market share with a booming 9 billion dollars! So, there’s no slightest of doubt that medical tourism in India has been doing exceptionally well. Skilled doctors, advanced facilities, and low-cost treatment make India a perfect destination for medical tourists.
SMILES takes this opportunity forward counting upon our experience, expertise, association with a team of expert doctors who are well known in their respective specializations and our state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities to turn SMILES into a hub of treatments for colorectal disorders namely Piles, Constipation, IBS, IBD, Fissure, Fistula, Rectal Prolapse, Pilonidal Rectal Prolapse, and Digestive Diseases.
At SMILES, our focus is on providing overseas patients quality health care while ensuring smooth and hassle-free processes. As a result, each international patient who comes to India with colo-rectal disorders goes back to home happy and healthy.