Do you feel a bulge during a bowel movement? Do you feel pain inside or around the anus or rectum? There is a high possibility it is piles. Don’t worry, there are tons of home remedies/ lifestyle changes that you can try to help get rid of piles. Even if these methods don’t make any difference, many advanced treatments/surgeries are sure to help you get rid of it. That being said, surgery, in general, is an expensive affair. The cost of surgery also depends on which Indian city you are settled in. For those staying in Bangalore wanting to know the cost of piles surgery, the truth is there are a few factors that influence the cost of piles surgery. Factors such as type of surgery, stage of piles and procedure. Mentioned below is everything you need to know about piles surgery.
Types of Surgery
● Hemorrhoidectomy: In this procedure, the surgeon aims to remove the haemorrhoid through small cuts around the anus. You will receive local anaesthesia or a spinal block. Once the piles is removed, the doctor will either seal the wound, leave it open or a combination of both is used. This will depend completely on other medical conditions you have or their location. It is one of the most effective ways to treat piles.
● Sclerotherapy: This procedure involves a doctor injecting a chemical solution into the internal haemorrhoid, that helps relieve you from the pain. It deadens the nerves around the area. It causes scar tissue to form and the haemorrhoid falls off.
● Banding: This procedure is used to stop the bleeding or treat prolapse internal haemorrhoids. The doctor will place a rubber band at the bottom of the haemorrhoids to stop the blood flow. This method will eventually cause the haemorrhoid to fall off.
● Doppler-guided hemorrhoidal artery ligation: This procedure aims at finding the blood vessels and blocking them.
● Laser Ablation: This procedure involves light and heat to destroy the haemorrhoids. The surgeon directs the beam of light on the tissues, stops the blood flow and aims at allowing the tissue to fall off. It is a less invasive surgery that involves smaller incisions and complications.
Stages of Piles
Stage 1: This stage involves tiny haemorrhoids within the lining of the anus. In this stage your haemorrhoids can be treated with a few lifestyle changes and no surgery is required.
Stage 2: If the haemorrhoids are diagnosed early, they can be modified with home remedies or lifestyle changes. However, later on in this stage, lifestyle changes will not be enough and you will have to look at other treatment options. Top doctors recommend treatments such as infrared coagulation or radiofrequency ablation along with doppler-guided haemorrhoidal artery ligation in this stage.
Stage 3: In this stage, the haemorrhoids appear outside the anus, also known as Prolapsed Haemorrhoids. You can push it back with your finger. Doctors recommend doppler-guided haemorrhoidal artery ligation with laser ablation of the piles the best in this stage.
Stage 4: In this stage, the haemorrhoids cannot be pushed back and remain hanging outside. Piles specialists in Bangalore recommend doppler-guided haemorrhoidal artery ligation with laser ablation of the piles.
● External Haemorrhoids: The haemorrhoid is located around the anus area and is very itchy and painful. The Piles Specialist In Bangalore at Smiles Gastroenterology recommends laser Hemorrhoidectomy as the best way to treat external haemorrhoids.
So when you consult a doctor to treat your haemorrhoids, they will recommend one of the above types of surgeries, depending on your condition and stage of piles. The cost of piles in Bangalore will depend on those factors. However, it will range from ₹ 50,000/- to ₹ 1,00,000/- only.