Treatment of IBS focuses on relieving symptoms. People can control their symptoms by managing stress, diet, and lifestyle.
Try the following changes in your diet:
- ● High fiber diet: A diet or food rich in high-fiber such as whole grains, beans fruits, and vegetables.
- Dietary fiber: The parts of plant foods that the body can’t digest. It helps to control blood sugar and maintain bowel health.
- ● Excess fluids: Make sure your intake of fluids are plenty and more.
- ● Avoid eating gluten: People with IBS report improvement in diarrhea symptoms if they stop eating gluten (barley and rye)
- ● FODMAPs: IBS symptoms might ease if you follow a strict low FODMAP diet and then reintroduce foods one at a time.
Lifestyle changes may help in the treatment of IBS, including:
- ● Regular exercise: Physical exercise for 20-30 minutes improves cardiovascular health.
- ● Stress management: Reduce stress and improve mental health by pursuing and enjoyable activity.
- ● Relaxation Techniques: Deep breathing, meditation, sleeping enough and other activities that reduce the symptoms of stress
The treatment of IBS also consists of Medications and Therapies. Know more about IBS symptoms, causes and various treatment methods SIICP follows.