Home remedies for hemorrhoids during pregnancy
In many cases, hemorrhoids during pregnancy can be treated easily and naturally at home. Following are some home remedies for hemorrhoids in pregnancy that will help you ease out your symptoms:
- ● Apply coconut oil to the piles (hemorrhoids): It can relieve pain and help piles to heal in a few days. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties which can help with the itching.
- ● Aloe vera: Apply fresh aloe vera to the inflamed area for the relief. Be sure to use a pure aloe vera, without fragrances and chemicals added.
- ● Wet Wipe: Use natural baby wipes instead of using dry toilet paper to avoid irritation.
- ● Sleeping position: Sleep on your left side. Sleeping on the left sides eases the pressure on the abdomen and get relief from the pain of piles.
- ● Use loose-fitting cotton clothes: Use cotton clothes for easy breathing of the area and pain relief from piles.
- ● Avoid sitting for a longer time: Sitting puts pressure on the veins in the rectum and anus. Take frequent breaks or sit on a ring cushion which is also called as hemorrhoid pillow.
- ● Warm water bath: Bath with warm water for 10 minutes or soak the affected area in a tub with warm water.
In most cases, with proper care, you can treat piles in pregnancy using some of these popular home remedies. However it is always recommended to visit a qualified colo-proctologist to assess your condition and recommend the necessary treatment.