Almost everyone of us is working long hours at the desk. The impact of all that sitting is an increased rate of obesity.
So, what if you could work out at your work?
Stretching, Muscle strengthening, and even short stints are the few exercises at your desk to stay fit at work.
After all, doctors say any amount of exercise helps in staying strong and fit.
Benefits of Exercise at your desk
These workouts, also offer a way to keep your body moving while you can’t get away from your office chair.
- ● Increases energy levels
- ● Helps to maintain a healthy weight.
- ● Improves brain function.
Some people try to skip breakfast, in the process of trying to control overeating. They think if one meal is skipped, the calorie count will automatically become less. But, when you skip the most important meal of the day, you will definitely end up eating more when evening arrives, because you don’t feel energetic with insufficient calories. So, do not skip the first meal of the day.
Consult your doctor before trying to exercise at your desk. If you have any injuries, illnesses or other health conditions. Ensure the chair you use is stable. If wheels are available, push it against a wall to make sure it won’t roll away. Maintain good head posture and make sure your computer is at above eye level.
Once your doctor suggested exercise at your desk. You can perform all the stretching and strengthening exercises as mentioned below:
10 ways to exercise at work
These 10 ways to exercise at work keep you bendy and feel good.
- Rubber Neck: Sit straight and drop your right ear down towards your right shoulder. Hold for a few seconds and then repeat for the left side as well.
- Reach for the Stars: Put your fingers towards the sky, as high as you can hold. Then keep your palms facing up towards the ceiling.
- Look Around: Turn your head to the left and look over your shoulder and hold for a few seconds. Then repeat on the right.
- Bobblehead: Put your chin down towards your chest and rotate your head as slowly as possible from side to side.
- Shrugs: Raise your shoulders up towards ears and hold for 5-10 seconds and then release. Repeat the same for five times.
- Chest Opener: Sit straight and press your palms altogether by bringing your hands behind your back. Hold the position for few seconds. And then repeat the same for ten times.
- Seated Toy Soldier: Sit straight and extend your right arm towards the ceiling. Stretch your left leg and raise it up as you bring right arm down and touch your left foot.
- Knee Hugger: Bend your knee, raise the right leg. Grab it with arms and pull it close to the chest. Hold it for 5-10 seconds and then do the same for left leg too.
- Reach and Bend: Extend your right arm over your head. Then reach out as far as you can to the left and gently bend over. Hold it for a few seconds and then repeat the same to the other side.
- Knee Press: With right ankle on your left knee, press slowly against the right knee. This stretches out the glutes. Repeat the same for the left too.
It’s a better way to manage your life with these simple exercises to prevent potential lifestyle diseases.
Start your desk exercises from today!